HOW TO TYPE DEGREE SYMBOL
Keyboard Hacks – How to Type The Degree Symbol
Have you ever tried to type the degree symbol online or in a document, only to realize it’s nowhere to be seen on your keyboard?
It doesn’t matter what country you are in, whether you are using a Mac, iOS or a PC; finding the shortcut for the degree symbol isn’t always that obvious. However, as part of our series of keyboard hacks, we will tell you how to type the degree symbol so that you never need to Google > Copy + Paste again.
Where can I find the degree symbol on my keyboard?
If you are searching for a keyboard shortcut for the degree symbol or even looking to find where the degree symbol is hidden, you will be pleased to know that you’re not alone.
TIP: This will only work for a keyboard that has a 10-key numeric pad.
- Press the ALT key on the keyboard
- Press +
- Then using the numerical keypad, type in the numbers 0176
Where can I find the degree symbol in MS Word?
If you are using MS Word and want a quick and easy way to insert the degree symbol into a document, follow these steps to find the degree symbol for use in Microsoft Word.
- Open a new or existing file
- Navigate across the top toolbar (ribbon) and find the ‘insert’ heading
- Select the heading for ‘Symbol’ and choose the degree icon.
- Click to insert and voila!
Where can I find the degree symbol on a Mac?
If you are using a Mac and need to find the degree symbol, simply press Option > Shift > 8
Where can I find the degree symbol on iPad or iPhone?
Whether you cannot find the degree symbol on your iPad or you need to find the degree symbol on an iPhone, solve the issue with ease by following these steps.
- Using the keyboard on your IOS Device, press the ‘123’ button to bring up the numerical pad
- Access the degree symbol by holding down the 0 key
- This will then show you the degree symbol on the iPad and iPhone, which can be chosen via a pop-up menu that will appear above the key
Where can I find the degree symbol on Android?
Finding the degree symbol on an android device is quick and easy, as long as you know where to find it!
- Make sure you have the keyboard for the numbers and symbols ready.
- Press ‘ALT’
- You can find the degree symbol on the second row
About The Author:
Elizabeth is a Master of the English language with a relentless passion for research and an eye
for detail that surpasses normality.
Having worked within the private sector for many well-known corporations, she gained direct
experience within finance, insurance, education, eCommerce, and the IT sector. Communication
has always been fundamental to her success in roles that spanned sales, marketing, support,
product, business, and channel management.
For the past five years, she has committed herself fully to the role of lead copywriter and
researcher; combining a plethora of skills and experience from her past, to deliver word-perfect,
well-researched professional content that compels readers and inspires them to take action.
Her words make an impact and leave a lasting impression.
Based in the beautiful City of Cambridge, England; Elizabeth is a devoted mum, a life-long F1
enthusiast, and loves to spend time outdoors.